It's a cold and dreary morning, isn't it? But hey, don't let the weather bring you down! For starters, it's a holiday and you should be enjoying the long weekend! If you don't have work, that is. ;)
I have work tonight, so yeah, no holiday for me. I just started at my new job... and I'm loving every moment I spend inside the training room. It's been a long time and I have really missed it.
Regardless of the weather and the no-holiday week, there's still a lot to celebrate and be thankful for:
* A new job that I love doing
* Re-starting the career I almost left behind
* Going back to training
* More time to blog
* God's guidance and provision
* Ex-colleagues who remain to be my friends
* Friends and family who are always there to support me
... and a whole lot more.
And because I am feeling a little more cheerful than usual, I baked a delicious batch of chocolate chip cookies in celebration.
This is a new recipe I was so eager to try, so I didn't wait for the weekend and immediately whipped up a batch as soon as I got home.
The verdict? Ohmygah, it's prolly better than my go-to recipe! Soft, chewy and bursting with chocolate goodness. YUM-OH!
Head on over to Pinch of Yum for the recipe. You'll thank me after, that's for sure. ;)
Just a few notes:
* I forgot to NOT let the butter melt completely
* I used around 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
* I used more brown sugar than white
* I used a mix of chopped semisweet chocolate, 3-4 pcs native tablea and a few pieces of chopped Flat Tops (a local chocolate)
* I was too lazy to shape them with my hands, so I used a cookie scoopEven with all these deviations, the cookies turned out great. Really great. AMAZING, really. Next time I’m making these, I'll make sure to follow the recipe to a T.These are perfect with a cold glass of milk! ☺
EID MUBARAK to our Muslim friends! Happy long weekend to others!